Tuesday, November 6, 2012

B.M.W.B #45 - In The Planning

I am an anticipator - I love to look forward to things, to know something exciting is around the corner. I feel like this every time I go to the mailbox and often when the phone rings too - I imagine something exciting waiting for me in there or some wonderful news on the other end.....perhaps it is a little odd after 34 years I still have this but hey it makes life exciting right??

The other day I was sent a link to this awesome post of Treena-Marie's where she outlines all the cool advent activities they do and I decided to pirate it for myself (with some changes to suit us and because I am too lazy to make a gingerbread house - just sayin!)

This is going to be a surprise for the boys but I also wanted to get them anticipating special things we can do together so when some of them happen they have that lovely 'It's just what I had thought about/wanted to do feeling'.

So today we just sat and chatted together about some fun things we had done over the last couple of years and also things they wanted to do. I took notes - I think that adds importance and makes them feel honoured and heard - nothing like seeing your brilliant idea written down in Mama's special notebook to make you feel good.

Do you include your children in planning or do you take them by surprise? I think there is room for both myself and if you have a child like me then just let them know a surprise is coming up and you'll be ticking both their boxes!!


This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. 

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.

2 comments:

Kylie @ Octavia and Vicky said...

What a beautiful idea! I often write down little notes about what my daughter is saying, and she is transfixed when seeing her words appear on paper. But I haven't used her words in my planning yet. Thank you :)

Miriam said...

So pleased to have your company. :o) Thanks for the encouragement