Sunday, May 19, 2013

B.M.W.B - Today You are 7

Today you are 7 - how quickly you have become 7, how small you still are. We are so delighted by you. So entertained by your way of viewing the world and the things that fascinate you.

You tell the randomest jokes. You take a joke you know and then make up your own completely unrelated punchline and think it's even funnier.


You are so much more confident at football this year - you don't just hang back in defence you get in and have a go. We love that we can see your confidence growing.


You still love to make people happy. You have such a generous heart. Another mama said to me the other day that her son said you are the most compassionate in the class and you'll always volunteer to go for the less fun game if someone needs to. What an amazing heart you have.


You play so beautifully with your little brother. You laugh together so much and I pray it will always be so.


You are interested in things and how they work. You ask great questions and often you ask the same question over and over until I have exhausted all my knowledge. I hope you will always have such a thirst for knowledge and truth.


I'm pleased you still love snuggles. You want me to tell you stories of when you were small, describe the things I love about you, and tell you what a great hugger you are.


I have loved these 7 years together, and if these years are indeed an indication of the man you will become it will be a joy to us to launch you into a world that will be so blessed to have such a beautiful and compassionate man with a clever and interested mind. We love you little man - every night we talk together and say we can't believe what a wonderful thing it has been to be given you.


Happy 7th birthday.

Becoming the Mama I want to be is about taking time to enjoy the journey of parenting, to honour it's value and to hopefully inspire and encourage each other.

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be

Create Hope Inspire

(In terms of B.M.W.B - I think we can never celebrate the gift of our little ones too much. We all -still- thirst to be valued and honoured and appreciated. Let's do that every chance we get.)


Thanks for linking in :o) - button code on the right if you want to use it