Thursday, May 16, 2013

Make My Week - The Caped Crusader

Not sure exactly what I am crusading for though.....

Kindness?

This is cape is my third me-made garment for this month - I am aiming for one per week.


It's a pattern I inherited from someone else's cast offs. It's Simplicity 7438

The fabric and lining, thread and hook are all from my stash so also a tick for my goal to make 12 things entirely from stash this year. The fabric was given me by this lovely lady and the inspiration to make it into a cape from my 'clothing inspiration consultant', my sister. (She always seems to have just the right idea for a fabric I am stuck on.)


Capes are hard to photograph but fun to wear - although it has made me realise the lack of single colour garments I own - I am so drawn to colour and pattern.

Would you wear a cape? A friend recently made her daughter a blue hooded velvet cape for her birthday - I think that sounds so wonderful - I'd quite like one too.

Joining in with Show N Tell
 Show & Tell Thursday's