Friday, July 31, 2015

Yeah I Made It.... 31/52 - Bellatrix Blazer

Greetings Crafters,

So I was very excited to win my pick of 2 PDF patterns from the wonderful New Zealand pattern company Papercut Patterns from The Monthly Stitch's Indie Pattern Month.

I chose the Bellatrix Blazer and the YoYo Dress pattern. Also this month (can you see I'm skidding in by the tips of my lapels!) at The Monthly Stitch they are doing checks as their theme.



Earlier in the year when my sister was here we designated this check fabric for some kind f fun jacket combined with denim because it was just a small piece that I received, in a bag from a friend (I love those kind of friends!).

So I cut a size M and made no alterations or tests - 1. Because I'm lazy like that and 2. Deadline!

It's a while since I've made a jacket or coat so all the lining and collar was a bit of a brain scratch now and again. The blazer is really simple and I like it - I kind of like the juxtaposition of the tuxedo style with the brushed cotton check feel. I think the M is the right size but I could do with a bit less armhole (something I never thought I'd say!)


I also like the mix of the denim against the check - it feels a little 'ruff and ready' (for me, which isn't really... but hey!). It was the first time trying to do a button hole in ages and the first time ever on the machine I bought last year.

Of course I did no work to try and match the checks - sometimes it's enough to remember to cut out the fusing and clip the seams. Not sure how I'm going to style this one but I'm open to suggestions.




Apologies for the entirely below average photos - it's a deadline thing! :o) I did think about only putting the ones on the hanger in but I always feel disappointed when I can't see clothes on real people in an outfit post so you get me in my untouched glory!

How about you, what styles work hardest in your wardrobe?


love you more than a new style to experiment with xxx