Sunday, May 1, 2016

Fortune Favours the Floral

.... so friends,

I seem to be sewing again, which is something considering the general lack of anything shared here!

I made this skirt using a mashed up (very mashed) version of a cynthia rowley pattern by simplicity 2512. I used the back panel and cut it on the fold twice for the underskirt and then sort of made up the over skirt bit.



The underskirt is in a bright yellow broadcloth which is also the same fabric as the waistband and then I used an organza type fabric with embroidered daisies over the top. I hand stitched the non embroidered selvages up into the skirt by hand (those who know me may keel over with shock here) and I hand stitched the back of the waistband in too - alll whilst watching a film with subtitles - I can hardly believe my own brilliance *wink*.

I wore this to church this morning and it received admiration from young (3 years) and old (grown ups).
I love this colour combo. It does make me realise though I need some other kind of top to wear with it as the black doesn't really spin my wheels.

What colour combos spin your wheels?

love you more than buttercups xxx