Wednesday, March 29, 2017

McCalls 6614 The Rabbit Hoodie - Retreat Sew

Kia ora,

I'm still going strong on my retreat sewing. I found this 'cross-stitched' rabbit fabric in spotlight a while ago. I just adore the slightly crazy vibe of it.



I decided to try a new hoodie pattern to change things up from the Augusta hoodie I've made recently. This is a unisex pattern McCalls  M6614 and I made the medium in the hopes it would be a reasonably relaxed fit. The fit did end up pretty relaxed but that's good I want hoodies for those sloppy days anyway.

One thing I would change next time is the ribbing - it's really too big and generous and so it doesn't do what it's designed to in terms of creating cuffs.



I don't love the zip but it was in my stash and I didn't have time to race out and find a raspberry coloured one, which would have been my preference.


The Atlas took these pics for me at an old reclamation yard we went to... so much awesome stuff - made me want to build a house out of recycled bits.

How about you - what do you wear on sloppy days?



love you more than a cross-stitched rabbit xxxx