Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Makey - Another Ivy

Howdy,

A while ago I made an Ivy pinafore in flamingo fabric which I adore. As part of my birthday gift this year my boys sent me to see the World of Wearable Arts in Wellington.


It was a beautiful weekend with some lovely friends and I wanted to make a dress for it, as you do.



I've had this fabric in my stash for a few years now - it started as a black and white print which I used fabric paints and hand stitching to embellish.



Since the event I've continued to wear it for day to day, because I believe in dressing up!




I think all the stitching over the 100 days project has really re-ignited a love for hand stitching in me.




The pattern is from an NZ designer called Jennifer Lauren, fabric and paints from stash, lining also from stash... which is good because I recently fell right off the buy no new fabric wagon.



love you more than fabric sale xxx