Friday, February 16, 2018

Makery - Jasper Sweater Dress

Hello,

Well you might be forgiven for thinking I've really stopped making things but really I've stopped being so good at taking pictures and writing blog posts - although I suspect I am not alone in this!

Last year I saw a gorgeous rendition of the Jasper Sweater dress by Paprika Patterns and I really wanted one myself. Maybe it's nostalgia - I had one when I was about 11 and I felt fabulous in it! My mama made us quite a lot of clothing growing up and I do look back on them now with great fondness.


I also remember throwing up all over my step-brother while wearing it, but that is a post for another time!

The dress is pretty simple to make with the exception of the welt pockets. I have made welt pockets before (not in stretch) and I've always found the physics of the them a little challenging but got there in the end. I'm not sure entirely what went wrong here. There is both instructions and an online photo tutorial - maybe I overloaded?



After I unpicked something 3 times (a record!) I reminded myself I am not a perfectionist and finished was the goal.

I love the finished product. The navy velveteen and buttons had been in my stash for ages and the organic terry was a purchase towards the end of last year.

What's on your comfiest outfit list and would you wear a hoodie as a dress?

love you more than a matching seam stripe xxx